Do you have a MOIA voucher and you are not certain how to redeem it? Here we have put together all the most important information for you.
What types of MOIA voucher are there?
Basically, promotional coupons that MOIA gives you are to be distinguished from coupons or credits that have been purchased. Currently you can not buy coupons or vouchers at MOIA yet.
A voucher entitles you to a fixed discount or a percentage discount, applied to the regular fare of one or more trips. There are coupons that can be redeemed by multiple users and individual vouchers that can only be redeemed by one user, or a specific user.
How can I redeem a MOIA voucher?
It is easy to use a voucher. Simply follow these steps:
- Install the MOIA app on a mobile device.
- Create an account with your email address and cell number.
- Enter your Visa or Mastercard details as a payment method.
- Store the voucher code under the “Voucher” menu option in your profile.
- Book a journey. The voucher will be applied automatically.
What are the terms and conditions for a MOIA voucher?
When redeeming a voucher, the following conditions also apply:
- The voucher is only valid within the respective service area and only during the specified operating hours (visible online on moia.io).
- The voucher cannot be exchanged for cash.
- If the discount value of the voucher exceeds the fare for a journey, the remaining amount will be written off. To prevent this from happening, users have the option of deactivating vouchers in their account settings before booking a journey.
- If the voucher amount is less than the fare, the remaining amount will be taken using the payment method associated with the user account.
- The validity of the voucher can be seen on the voucher itself or in the MOIA app.